Hello and welcome to The Rants of a Yat Get to Know Me!
I’m writing this “Get to Know Me” because it’s really hard to get a feel for someone’s personality by looking at styled tiny boxes on Instagram or a few seconds on Instagram Stories, Tweets, Facebook posts, you get it. I hope you get a sense of my personality and I’d love for you to comment and tell me about yourself as well. I want to get to know you all too!
I put this goofy looking picture below because it made me laugh when I saw it. I didn’t have the flash turned off and I look like a deer caught in headlights.
About The Rants of a Yat
My hair is naturally dark brown and I’ve been dying it numerous shades since my teens. I come from a very long line of natural redheads and red is my favorite hair color. I’ve also dyed my hair black, brown, and blonde. I’m a chronic hair color changer. What else can I say.
The Tea on The Rants of a Yat
- My blog & social sites are called “The Rants of a Yat” because I am from New Orleans where a lot of natives speak with a certain dialect called, Yat. It’s a whole thing. I actually had a blog called “Rants of a Yat” sans “The” in 2009 and 2010, it got hacked and then sold to a company in China.
- I’m sarcastic, I love to laugh, and find the humor in everything. If you are witty, come sit by me!
- The face you see above is a 4x cancer butt-kicker and it doesn’t define me as I have been in remission for 19 years
- Endometriosis used to be my enemy, but after two surgeries I haven’t had any issues in years
- I’m a beauty product lover and was wearing a full face of makeup to school by 6th grade
- My feet are freakishly big for how short I am! I am 5’2 and wear a size 9 shoe. I’m slightly under the Ronald McDonald clown foot distinction. (*does a slight curtsy)
- I’m 44 years, the mother of two, and wife to one
- Rosacea is my face and neck nemesis
- Overly whitened teeth look like a mouth full of Chiclets and make me think of Ross from Friends
- Seafood is my Kryptonite – Crawfish, Crabs, Shrimp, Lobster, Scallops…I’m in!
- My adult body has been from a size 8 – 16 and I am currently a 16
- The Office, 80’s & 90’s music, old movies, amazing coffee, pizza slices so big you have to fold them, women support women, scream singing in the car, dry wit, dark humor, and champagne
XOXO, Terese – An Atlanta Curvy Style and Beauty Blogger